Friday, December 16, 2016

Penang Curry (Meal Prep Friendly)



Well.. long time no speak! It's been a busy few months, but I'll spare you the details and just say I'm finally on holidays (Yay, teacher life!) and I have a few recipes up my sleeve. I'm a huge Thai food fan and for some reason I decided that in the midst of a forty degree heatwave I would perfect my Penang Curry recipe.

This recipe is 100% meal-prep friendly and makes approximately five (generous!) servings, so would be perfect for a week's worth of lunches or dinner... or breakfasts. That could work too.


What You'll Need:
2 x cups of coconut milk (NOT the stuff in a can, the boxed stuff you get with the long-life milk. I use Coco Quench)
2 x cups veggie broth
1 x bunch of pak choy
1 x 500g block of firm tofu
4 x TBSP of red curry paste (I use Thai Gourmet - it's vegan and oil-free)

1/2 x butternut pumpkin
1 x tsp onion powder
1 x 500g frozen Thai veggies (you CAN use fresh but I'm lazy and cheap)
4 x shredded (with spine removed) kaffir lime leaves
1/2 x cup Thai basil leaves


What You'll Need To Do:

1. In a large pan, add the curry paste, Thai basil leaves, kiffir lime leaves, onion powder, half of the chopped chilli, veggie broth and coconut milk together on a medium heat.
2. Separately, steam the pak choy.
3. Add in the chopped pumpkin and bring to a boil.
4. Once the pumpkin has softened, add in the frozen veg and finely chopped tofu.
5. Bring the mixture to a curry, and then cover the pan and lower the heat.
6. Cook for around half an hour, or until everything is cooked together well.
7. Serve with rice and enjoy!
8. Can be frozen and eaten throughout the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment