Vegan nuggets are delicious. Regardless of the brand, they taste good. However, store bought nuggets are full of all kinds of ingredients and don't leave you feeling so great. I've been trying to make the perfect vege burger over the past couple of months and somehow stumbled across this perfect combination of plant products that creates a delicious, but HEALTHY, nugget! You can eat as many of these as you like - HOORAY!
Everyone can enjoy these nuggets - they're vegan, gluten free, oil free, nut free, soy free.
What you'll need:
- 400 grams of chickpeas (usually one whole can)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp mustard
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Drain your chickpeas and rinse them thoroughly. I recommend saving the liquid as it becomes aquafaba and is SO versatile. I'll be posting recipes using it soon!
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender. You CAN just mash everything together with a fork - however it takes a lot longer and is quite painstaking.
- Blitz together for about a minute. Be sure to not over do it! You may need to push the sides down but be sure to just mix until well-combined.
- If you have any chickpeas that didn't blend, just mash them with a fork.
- Take the mixture out of the processor and form into nugget like shapes.
- Place down on a lined tray and put into the oven.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Flip them over at half-time to ensure they cook evenly.
- Leave them to sit for about five minutes and then enjoy!
Let me know if you try them out! They're best served with tomato or barbecue sauce - or even spicy mayo ;)