Friday, December 16, 2016

Candied Almonds (DIY Gift Idea)




Christmas Eve is this time next week. In eight days time, it will be Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I've had my shopping done since October and I've been counting down since June... but I still feel like it's crept up on me. I haven't had enough time to be festive yet! 

A few of my friends (surprise, friends, if you're reading this!) will be receiving something homemade this year. I'm going to be sharing a few of my different ideas in the lead up to Christmas, as a part of my Christmas series (that I've been meaning to post all month) entitled 'A Very Vegan Christmas'. The first of these recipes is these candied almonds. They are absolutely delicious and so so so super simple to make, which means they make an excellent gift idea!

What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup

- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- A glass jar to serve (OPTIONAL)



What You'll Need To Do:

1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 
2. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Ensure that the almonds are coated evenly.
3. Cook the mixture in a saucepan on medium heat until all of the liquid is combined.
4. Pour the mixture onto a lined baking tray and separate each of the almonds with a fork.
5. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the almonds are cooked.

6. Serve in a cute little jar for an adorable gift - enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment