Living in Australia often means I sometimes miss out on a lot of the Christmas treats people online talk about. It's currently forty degrees and eating anything hot is just not going to happen, however I found myself craving those traditional Christmas flavours I keep seeing. Thus, I found a way to combine Christmas with something cold!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups oats
- 5 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
What You'll Need To Do
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor, combine one of the cups of oats, dates, vanilla and the spices. Pulse briefly so it gets nice and mixed together.
- Lay the ingredients out on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the other cup of oats and cranberries on top and mix well.
- Pour out the maple syrup on top, ensuring to cover evenly.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to five days.
- Serve with some banana ice-cream for a refreshing Christmas-y treat - enjoy!