Thursday, August 11, 2016

Vegan / Gluten Free Options at Aldi!

 
I am a huge Aldi fan. Every year at Aldi they release their "Has No" promotion which includes a large variety of items free from common allergenic ingredients such as gluten, dairy and soy. 

In previous years I've tried a few of the products but was always hesitant to try the whole range because I thought "Well, there's absolutely no way the chocolate and caramel muffin mix could be vegan!" or "How on earth could the white velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting be vegan!?" but I decided to contact Aldi and I have been proven very, very wrong.

Aldi informed me that almost every single product in the line is vegan, excluding the very few products that have eggs and milk in them (obviously!) and also the red velvet cupcake mix due to the colour used.  

 

I purchased almost the entire range. Including:

  • Falafel mix
  • White velvet cupcake mix
  • Vanilla cupcake mix
  • Chocolate cake mix
  • Chocolate caramel muffin mix
  • Lemon flavoured cake mix
  • Chocolate mud cake mix

    All of these products are 100% vegan - providing you use cruelty free substitutes. For example - some of the cakes call for eggs, milk and butter. These can easily be replaced with an egg replacer, non-dairy milk and a dairy free margarine.


    Also - you can NEVER leave Aldi without picking up one of these boys....

Cookie Butter -heart eyes emoji-
My one true love! (this is not gluten free just FYI)


Obviously it goes without saying, but of course this post wasn't sponsered. I'm just an Aldi-loving gal who loves her gluten free vegan baked goods. Please let me know if you would like to see a demo of these products, or if you'd like me to show you some of my other favourites from Aldi.


No comments:

Post a Comment