Saturday, August 6, 2016

Cinnamon, Apple and Maple Muffins (HCLF)


I tried something a little different for this recipe and decided to film it and put it on YouTube. Now, I use the term 'different' loosely, because those who know me will know I had a ten year long stint on YouTube. Unfortunately, my lip-syncing videos didn't quite hit the mainstream and I was forced to delete them all when I started teaching. However, I was struck with the idea to make a return to YouTube today and this is my grant return!



 






For all those who prefer to read recipes rather than watch them (I'm with you on that one!) I've typed everything down below, with some extra information. I figure right now is the perfect time for these Autumnal recipes because where I am it's about as cold as it's going to get (Helllooooo 25 degrees Celsius!) and all you people in the other hemisphere are going to start pumping our your "Fall" recipes soon. Which I am always excited for. Without further ado, I present to you Cinnamon, Apple and Maple Muffins!

What You'll Need:
  • 1 1/2 cups oat flour (any flour will work!)
  • 1 mashed super ripe banana
  • 1 cup grated apple
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp 100% maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence 
  • 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy)

What You'll Need to Do:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. Combine flour, cinnamon and baking power.
  3. Add in mashed banana, grated apple, vanilla and maple syrup. Mix well.
  4. Slowly pour in the soy milk and continue to mix.
  5. Add in any extra cinnamon or maple syrup if desired. 
  6. Pour into a non-stick muffin tin.
  7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
  8. Enjoy and please let me know if you enjoyed seeing me post the recipe as a video!


4 comments:

  1. Great job on your video! I'm so nervous to break into that but really would like to when I can finally find some time. How long did it take you to make it? Also love the redesign of your site! So cute.
    www.sprinklesandsaturdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julia! :)
      It only took me about an hour to an hour and a half - the hardest part was setting the tripod up so it could capture the whole image! You should definitely do it when you get some time. :) x

      Delete
  2. These literally look so good, thank you for sharing! You seem so lovely too, we should follow each other and keep in touch.. let me know! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adele, thank you so much! That sounds lovely to me. :)

      Delete