Hi. Hey. Hello. I know, I know. It's been a minute. I've been busy. I've been uninspired. I've had a broken camera. I got married. I moved. Excuses, excuses. I'M BACK THOUGH. New domain, new recipes, new me. Let's get to it, and what better way to make a come back than with a new pancake recipe?! I love pancakes, especially on a Sunday. I've been Pancake Sunday-ing since I was in high school, and (in my humble and unbiased opinion) these ones are my best yet. Introducing.... the blueberry buttermilk pancake. They're SO good, and they're especially thick - which is how a pancake should be.
What You'll Need:
- 2 x cups oat flour (pulse oats in a blender until they resemble an oat-like consistency. Alternatively, you can use another type of flour.)
- 1 x cup of nut milk (I use Bonsoy ALWAYS)
- 2 x tbsp lemon juice
- 1 x tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 x overripe mashed banana
- 1 x cup of blueberries
- 1 x tbsp vanilla essence
What You'll Need To Do:
- Pre-heat your non-stick pan first. This key to keeping your pancakes oil-free is by having a super, duper hot pan!
- In a bowl, set aside your milk, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. You want to let this sit for about ten minutes. Your milk will start to curdle. This is what creates the buttermilk taste!
- In another bowl, bash your banana and stir in your flour and vanilla. Once your buttermilk is set, stir that in too. Finally, add in your blueberries.
- Fry away! As per typical pancakes, once the pancake starts to bubble it's ready to flip. Enjoy!