Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies


Hello!

SO, those that know me will know how completely and utterly obsessed with Christmas I am. I am one of those oboxious people that listen to Christmas carols year round and start counting down in July. I LOVE Christmas. One of the best things about Christmas time is the beautiful food that goes along with all of the celebrations. Now, a typical Christmas dinner is not exactly vegan appropriate, nor is it Australian Summer appropriate, but that doesn't stop me. I wanted to share all of my Christmas recipes in the most festive way possible.. so I've decided to post a new recipe for every day of December. YAY.

TL;DR
I am going to be posting a lot of Christmas related food.

For my first recipe, I want to share my newest love. Snickerdoodle cookies. It all started with a dairy free snickerdoodle ice-cream I found. Then I tried the snickerdoodle Complete Cookie. So now I've perfected a healthy(ish), vegan alternative to the very Christmas-y cookie!






What you'll need:
1 x cup of flour*
2 x egg replacer**
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of cream of tartar
2 tbsp of arrowroot powder

1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup of sugar***
1 tbsp of water




What you'll need to do:

  1. Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius and line your baking tray with baking paper
  2. Mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, arrowroot powder and sugar until it's evenly combined 
  3. Add in the add replacer, and then the (melted!) coconut oil and the water.
  4. Mix until combined. You might find it's easier to get your hands in there. 
  5. Once you've made a nice dough, start molding the dough into little cookie dough balls and place on your tray.
  6. Flatten the balls and sprinkle with cinnamon (and sugar if you'd like).
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until nice and brown on top. 
  8. Let the cookies sit for around twenty minutes and then you're right to eat them. Enjoy!

    * I always use oat flour unless otherwise specified. Normal flour would work fine in this recipe though!

    ** I use an actual egg replacer that I purchased from a health food store, however a flax egg or something similar could work fine!

    *** I've used regular, white sugar for this recipe. It's only 1/4 of a cup for the whole batch - so I wouldn't worry too much if you're trying to keep this nice and healthy! A little sugar never hurt nobody. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment