Friday, May 1, 2015

Nutritious Salted Caramel Smoothie.

So, I wasn't kidding when I said I love salted caramel. I promise all of my recipes won't be salted caramel based, I swear! Salted caramel is everywhere at the moment, and I really wanted to recreate the new salted caramel drinks we have at my work - but a nutritious, Eryn appropriate version. So here we are!



Ingredients:
5 x fresh medjool dates
2 x cups almond milk (you can use soy or whatever else you prefer!)
1 x large frozen banana
1 x tbsp cashews
A pinch of salt (or more if you want)



Method:
  • Pit dates and chop them into smaller pieces. If your blender struggles a bit, soak the dates in water for an hour prior to this. If you have a vitamix, food processor, ninja, nutrabullet ect you should be fine!
  • Add all ingredients to the blender and pulse on high for around two minutes, or until everything is nice and smooth.
  • Serve with ice. This makes enough for two glasses. Enjoy!
Dates are packed with iron and bananas are loaded with healthy carbohydrates, so this smoothie will give you lots of energy... Not to mention it tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment