Saturday, April 18, 2015

Raw Salted Caramel Balls

If you know me at all, and I'm assuming you probably do, you'll know I am salted caramel as heck. I am all about salted caramel. Salted caramel DEFINES me. Okay, maybe not. I really like salted caramel though, and I'm also pretty into raw desserts, so I've combined the two! These little beauties are great for on-the-go snacks and always leave me feeling full of energy until my next meal. They're also 100% plant based, gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free and most-importantly, delicious!

Raw Salted Caramel Balls.
Ingredients: 

  • 1 cup oats (use gluten free if needed)
  • 1/2 cup almonds 
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 12 pitted medjool dates 
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence 
  • salt to taste - this is based on personal preference! 

Method:
  • In a food processor (I use a Vitamix) combine all of the ingredients. I recommend soaking the dates in water for around an hour prior to doing this if you aren't sure about the power of your food processor. 
  • Scoop out the mixture and roll into bite sized balls
  • Put in the fridge for around half an hour to set. If you're impatient like myself, you can put them in the freezer for around ten minutes for a similar effect. 
  • Only put in as much salt as you want! You can even leave it out if you're not big on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment