Saturday, April 18, 2015

Easy Cheesy Vegan Garlic Bread

This is my very first recipe post! Super exciting stuff.

Garlic bread is such a simple vegan dish. Even Home Brand garlic bread is vegan! However, I found myself missing cheesy garlic bread – the kind of stuff you get in restaurants. So I did what all good vegans do, grabbed my nutritional yeast and hoped for the beast. I make this dish for my entire non-vegan family and they absolutely love it!


Vegan Cheesy Garlic Bread (makes six slices)


Ingredients:

  • Six slices of bread. Use gluten free if necessary! 
  • Four tablespoons of dairy-free spread. I just use the cheap stuff but if you’re not a Uni student like myself you could use Nuttelex or something of the type. 
  • Two tablespoons of nutritional yeast. 
  • One-two (depending on size) cloves of fresh minced garlic. 
  • Garlic salt to taste. 

Method:
  • Melt down the spread until it’s liquid. 
  • Mix in the nutritional yeast and minced garlic. 
  • Add in the garlic salt. This is important, but it’s up to you how much you add. I like a lot because I think it really makes the dish. 
  • Grill on high for about 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on it though, it burns fast!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment