Monday, June 29, 2015

Nutritious Chocolate Ice Cream with Raspberry Sauce

Vegan / Paleo / HCLF / Raw / Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Refined Sugar Free / Delicious

Hi friends!


So today is my very first lazy day in around three billion months. I recently graduated (and scored myself a full-time job in the process!) so I've been a very busy little girl. However, tonight I have a night shift (my second to last shift ever in the fast food industry. Hooray!) and that means I got to sleep in and lounge around watching Netflix and eating food all day. Which is apparently what people do on lazy days, and I definitely deserve it.. because.. night shifts suck. Right? Right.

Anyway, when I finally managed to get out of bed, I was craving froyo but I was not craving that post-processed food feel. I also didn't want to get out of my pyjamas and I haven't started my new job yet so I can't afford fancy foods like vegan frozen yoghurt. So here we have it, Eryn's take on chocolate froyo!


What you'll need -

For the 'ice-cream':

  • Two-three frozen bananas (depending on size)
  • A tbsp of raw cacao powder
  • Water to blend
  • Toppings of your choice - i.e. muesli/granola, shredded coconut, fresh fruit ect ect

For the raspberry sauce:
  • One cup of raspberries (you can use frozen if you're stingy like me, just defrost them before you use them!
  • A tbsp of chia seeds
  • 2 tbsp of water


What you'll need to do:
  • Put the defrosted/fresh raspberries, chia seeds and water in the blender/food processor. Process until your mixture is a thick, liquid consistency. 
  • Take the sauce out of the blender and leave it to the side to set.
  • Put the bananas and the cacao powder in your food processor/blender. Add in a small amount of water to get it to blend (if you're using a Vitamix or a food processor you won't need water). Don't add too much water! You want this nice and thick.
  • Once your ice-cream is blended to a soft serve like consistency, take it out of the blender and place in a bowl. 
  • Add the sauce to the ice-cream, and add any other toppings desired. I love using muesli, coconut and other fresh fruits.
  • Enjoy!



Whether you call it nice cream, nana ice cream or just mixed frozen bananas, I love having meals like this for snacks or even a bigger portion for breakfast! This recipe is one that gives me SO much energy and leaves me feeling great - but it genuinely tastes like chocolate ice-cream. Not to mention no animals get hurt in the process. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment